Printing Plans In Greyscale

I am using a Designjet 110 Plus, printing on vellum paper. When I select my printing preferences, I select for it to be printed in Greyscale. But by doing so, I lose my lines and arrows that overlap walls. They are unseen bc the walls print off in solid black. Is there a way to make the walls print off in grey so you can see to which points my marks are pointing to?

Go to the Wall Default dbx and change the fill color of the walls to white or a light gray. The default yellow prints black.
    Mike

Thanks for the tip.... that makes sense now that you mention it. Greatly appreciated....

Augh drats, it didnt work. I ended up changing the yellow default to being a very faint light grey... and it still printed off in pure black. Is there anything else you might try suggesting?

Remove the fill from your wall definitions,.......or change them to white, that might work.
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

on my HP500 in the properties window there is a color tab. I select print in grayscale and then turn on the high-quality graytones.

I am not sure if your printer has this option, but it's worth a look.

HTH
    Angela
    vX2 (latest and greatest)

You might try removing color altogether before you try printing.
    If shading effect is desired, have you tried exporting as jpeg and working in paint-shop type program to print?

Have you checked the printer preferences settings? On my HP430 designjet there's a little option for converting colors to pure black rather than printing grayscale that caused me problems 'til I figured it out.

Cris Jones
    Jones Drafting Service
    (707)780-3075
    http://www.jonesdrafting.com
    NorCal (Northern California)
    (Residential-New,Addition & Remodel)
    "It's your house, not mine."
    CA X1

I have a layerset named ~FloorPlan. All Layers are set to black. My wall def's still show with color (green and yellow)

My Print Settings for PDF995 are set to Color on the first screen and B/W on the advanced tab. This seems to produce a nice half tone for the colored walls and everything else is black.

Zoome
    Dan Stauffer
    440.221.4281 Mobile

Victor Residential Design and Marketing
    Victor Web Design
    dws@twinsburg.com

Chief Ver 10.08a, X1
    Do I need X2?

I print to a 110 Plus. Instead of choosing greyscale, I changed my layers to variious degrees of grey. I print in "color," but obviously it's not really in color. No problems whatsoever. Is Elkhart near Indy? We're about to have our first Indiana Users' Group meeting.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

All you have to do is after you have the walls and other items in your plan changed to your gray color, just check the mark for color in the print dialog box, and your printer if is color ready it will print the grayed out by default.
    Jorge Araya
    X5 - Archicad - Revit LT - AutoCAD LT
    http://www.motmots.net
    https://plus.google.com/112064287731194407334/posts