Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layout error

By the way. In this particular instance, I'm using Chief as a publishing tool. Yes, if anybody can think of something to try to get Chief to do, that differs from its original intent - it's me.

However, I use a lot of images in my construction documents. A 3D image is worth a thousand 3D line drawings. I don't see this as a problem limited to my one weird usage of the program.

W

Wendy:

Would PDF or Powerpoint or MS Publisher work for your publishing tool instead of Chief Layouts ?

I'm thinking of trying to use Powerpoint as a "super" layout where some slides could link to Chief layouts and some slides could contain images or link to images and other slides could link to web pages. Other slides linking to .XLS or .DOC etc.

I just haven't had time to try this out yet.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Lew,

Absolutely - many other things would work. As a matter of fact, I own Adobe In-Design! I used to use Corel Draw, but it ate a couple of files, and I can't find it again anyway. I had done the first version of this brochure in Chief, I was too lazy to redo it in another program, and too lazy to learn Adobe In-design. I could have used my A-stuff, but I like the way you can just click through pages in the Chief layout. So, yeah, it's a bit weird, but once I started down that road, here I am.

W