Thread: camera views

camera views

When i am in full camera or render view and i click on the move camera forward the camera seems to move to the is anyone else having this problem or is it none bug

I couldn't say based on your "question-comment" for certain but I sometimes get an unexpected movement of camera in render view when I have a terrain plane present which the camera default seems to be sensitive to relative to elevation per movement.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Chief Architect™Consultant, Beta Tester, Designer
    1801 Wells Branch Parkway #2013
    Austin, Texas 78728
    dpotter1@austin.rr.com
    512-251-3982
    305-425-5794 FAX http://members.spree.com/djpotter

Sorry about that post i left out the word left

What i meen is the camera moves left instead of straight ahead

My typing cannot keep up with my mind

Mark:

If you try to move through a wall with a full camera, Chief seems to want to turn you to the left. This may be logical, but, as I recall, we were able to move through walls in V6 without having the camera turn.

If you want to be able to move through walls, I guess you could consider this new functionality in V7 to be a bug. Perhaps you should report this to Tech Support and ask for a fix; until then, don't do it anymore.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I have raised this with ART in the past. It seems there are 2 schools of thought - the deflectors and the walk thruers.

I think that if you hit the move forward button thats what you should get. If enough users complain they may change it

In your 3D preferences in the options tab there is a place to check to "restrict camera to room"
    this apparently does not do any thing, but if it functioned the way I interpret it, it would be the answer.

In the meantime if anyone is not aware, you can go into other rooms by walking your camera though the door to that room, without this restriction, or when the camera turns to follow the wall you can move sideways through the wall....