CA Web Site Access

What happened to the web site during the past two weeks? I was unable to access it?
    Al

Hello Everyone,

Yes, our web site was offline for quite a while. I apologize for any inconvienience that this has caused some of our customers.

This problem was caused when our ISP suddenly went out of buisiness. We had been having problems with them already and were in the process of changing ISPs when they shut down. Unfortunatly, when you are dealing with a company that is out of business it is difficult to get any help from them. We should be back up and running now with our new ISP and hopefully we won't have any more problems like this in the future.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Chief Technical Officer
    ART, Inc.

Glad to see you back!

Charley

Dermot,
    All downloads (files and HTML pages) from this site are very slow. I'm on a cable modem and with your last ISP pages downloaded very rapidly. Other Web sites are downloading at the same rapid rates I'm use to, therefore I don't think it is my modem. The current download times are as if I am on a 56kbps dial-up modem. I have exited and re-accessed this site several times, with computer restarts, and have the same download speeds.

Are others seeing this or is it just the location (Virginia Beach, VA) that I'm accessing from?

Glad to see ART is back up. Regards, Don

In my part of the country and only one ISP, and 20+ miles to the telephone company's circuitry I'm lucky to get 24000bps....so everything looks normal here

I also think it is slower than before.

Al

I checked into this with our system engineer and he told me we are running at the same speed with our new ISP as our old one.

I think the primary reason that it seems slower is due to the fact that we were down for over a week. And now that we are back up, everybody is hitting our site at the same time. Increased traffic = decreased speed (kinda like the freeways in Seattle).

We are keeping a close eye on things and appreciate you letting us know.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Chief Technical Officer
    ART, Inc.

Dermot,
    I think you are correct. I accessed the ART Web site 6:00AM EST this morning and connection and download speeds were back to normal.

Thanks for the quick check and analysis. However, no donuts for ISP speeds only for patches and upgrades to Chief Architect.

Keep up the good work, I appreciate your dedication in supporting Chiefusers world-wide. Regards, Don