Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glass Sinks

um diddle diddle um diddle ay

Thanks for the post, Dean. Have you figured out a good way to export an object from POV to a format that can be read by Chief?

Sam

Sam

Objects like these are best added through POV-Ray as an include file or direct script. for your plan use in Chief I just draw a sink outline and label it as a fancy one.

I have not found a way to export or convert to a dwg or dxf from POV.

OR you could find a good friend to make a symbol for you ...........

Dean

Dean,

Great work! That glass and mirror is exactly how I would have liked to display what I was doing. Did you do it all in chief?

If so what are your settings in POV ray and how is your computer equipped for rendering?

Jay

Jay

The "material" definition in the above script has all the basics features required for reflective and refractive objects like glass or acrylic plastic.

The index of refraction is not correct for either object. We do have a list that tells me the right ones included with POV-Ray 3.5. (constants.inc)

Radiosity is set to be accurate yet minimal and smooth.

This type of calculation takes some patience and is what I would call much more artistic than what is required for most people to imagine what things would look like.

I do this kind of thing because I like the challenge and the rewards of appreciation. I get no pay! I hope you all can appreciate "The Kitchen" for an artistic work rather than a 'quickie presentation'.

Dean

Definately. I'd like to frame it and put it in my kitchen.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio