Thread: Backgrounds?

Backgrounds?

Ihave a 2 story house and how can i get the foundation to appear below grade in a background? right now i have to take my camera shots without the foundation built first for the first floor to appear sitting on grade
    thank in advance

One way is to build the terrain around the building....this can be as simple as going to Build/Terrain/Create terrain perimeter and then sizing itso it will extend beyond where you are placing you camera then going to Build/Terrain/terrain Properties and setting this up.....if you place the camera off this you will most likely get a view with the foundation extending below the terrain(depending on camera angle and thickness you assign to the terrain) you can add the terrain features later if you want...

If you can wait until the original file is complete, including the foundation,an alternative would be to save the existing file under a different name. Then close the file. Then go to Explorer and delete the foundation level files (.plo). Then open this renamed file in CA and take your camera shots. If all you want are the camera shots without the foundation, then you won't have to be concerned with keeping two files current. If you are not complete with the original file, then updating two files becomes awkward.

Good luck,
    Al

Tim's method work great!