Assertion Failed Error

The assertion failed error appears regulary when i have zoomed in and are scrolling across the plan. This has happened about 5 times within 30 mins of work which is a pain in the neck. Is any one else having this problem?. Perhaps someone may be able to suggest what my problem is.I have loaded the patch previously to creating the plan file.

[This message has been edited by Peter.C (edited 02 April 2001).]

Hello Everyone,

Assertion messages will appear when we have detected something that will usually crash the program. Sometimes you can continue running by using the "Ignore" button but the program will usually crash anyways so I don't recommend it. If you do try to use the ignore button, you should exit the program ASAP and if you need to save your plan, then use "Save As" just in case the plan has been corrupted.

These messages are not supposed to happen under normal conditions but they can give us very valuable information when they do. You need to report all assertion messages to tech support and you need to make sure and include the following information:

1. The text which appears in the assertion message. In particular we need the name of the .cpp file and the line number which appears in the message. Even if you are not able to duplicate this problem giving us this information can be helpful.

2. The exact steps used to produce the assertion message. We need to know what you were doing when you got this message. We also need to know if you get this message everytime or only every once in a while.

3. If you only get this assertion message in a particular plan, then please send us all of the plan files. If you can get this message to appear in all of your plans, then check to see if you can get it in a new blank or very simple plan.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Chief Technical Officer
    ART, Inc.