Thread: 2d plot plan

2d plot plan

I am developing a 2d site plan. I have brought in the engineers original topography lines via a scanned bitmap. I then traced over the bitmap lines and then deleted the bitmap. Now comes the problem. The topo lines are all visible from a normal full 19" computer screen view. As I zoom in some of the lines disappear. The same lines do not appear when I send the view to layout or on the printout.

The whole screen seems to be covered with small crosshairs. Could the crosshairs be leftover from the original bitmap? Why wouldn't they be deleted when the bitmap was deleted? Could they be blocking out or covering the CAD lines? I can select these crosshairs but I cannot delete them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by KDSDESIGN (edited 31 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KDSDESIGN (edited 31 March 2001).]

I'm not sure why some of your CAD lines are being lost but I can help with the cross-hairs.

It soulds like you have your "Show Arc Centers, Ends" turned on. Just open the dbx:

"Edit/Preferences" Then under "CAD" select "Line Properties" and click on the box adjacent to "Show Arc Centers, Ends" to remove the check-mark.

Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Kumpost (edited 31 March 2001).]