Thread: Windows

Windows

Im working on a addition to a home, Pretty much have it developed and my windows are missing. I can still select them in the wall, but I cant get them to show up in plan. They were there..... Something I did Im sure, Any help????

Mike

forgot I had a pony wall, How do I bring the windows to the front in plan view? I know, read the manual...... I hope the answer there

Mike

I could find nothing in the manual to address this. Am I to understand that you cant see windows in pony walls in plan view?

Mike

if you are showing the lower ponywall and the windows do not extend down into the lower section they are not displayed in plan view...they are only displayed in the wall section(s) they reside in...both if they straddle the break

you can select which section (upper/lower) of a pony wall to display in plan view by dbl clicking the 'wall tools' icon to open the wall defaults dbx and on the right side>editing/display settings> check/uncheck the 'show lower ponywall in plan view' box

If you want the lower wall displayed in plan view a couple of options might be to..raise the upper/lower junction so it intersects the windows ...or ... possibly lower or extend the bottom of the windows so they intersect the lower pony wall

Mike:

If the windows are in the upper part of the pony wall, and not the lower, and you select show lower ponywall in plan view then they will not show. Change it to show the upper wall and they should display.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

When I read the response the lightbulb went on. Thanks.

Now I have the prblem that when I select lower pony wall and click ok the dialog reverts back to upper. I tried playing with the wall layers. I do have different assemblies. the upper is 7 3/4 and the lower is 7 1/8. The attick wall is 7 3/8. The wall are set to resize about main layer, but when I click on the align button it seems like it just throws off the other. I can Align upper, then I can align lower. No difference. Im trying, any advise?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Not sure what you are doing with the various wall thickness but the alignment for the ponywall (upper to lower) is controled in the wall specification DBX.

Does that help?
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

I wont have time to play with it today. I think it is something to do with a wall I pulled up or down in Cross-section. What do you guys think?

Thanks so much for the help. Unbelievable!

Mike