Thread: window schedule

window schedule

Having trouble adapting the window schedule to my needs. When the window unit is actually comprised of many smaller windows, for instance, fixed over awning ,2 or 3 wide, thes come from the mfg all mulled together as one large unit. I need this to be listed in the schedule as one unit with the rough opening for the complete system. How can I edit the schedule? Is there anyway to import a spreadsheet type schedule from another program such as "Works" if Chief cannot handle this?

dorieb:

Once you mull (block) two or more windows together, and select that block, there is a place in the options tab of the Mulled Window Specification dbx, to specify either a "single label" for this group of windows on the schedule and in plan, and also the option to specify a "single wall hole" for framing purposes.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

I would discourage importing an amended schedule from an outside word processing or spreadsheet program(although this can be done via copy paste), as you would lose the dynamic link that that exists between the native Chief schedule and the plan with respect to the syncronization of window numbers. Any time you change a window size, style, component etc, the windows are renumbered in plan and the native schedule is updated to reflect this. If you had a "static" schedule pasted from a spread sheet program for example, and subsequently made a change to any window, the static schedule would no longer properly reflect the newly re-numbered windows in plan view.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN