Thread: arrow

arrow

When click on the arrow child button in cad it does not create an arrow. It creates a straight line. What am I doing wrong?

CCC is offline Building Florida Since 74
    Ed, I don't know if this is related, however, I am getting a straight CAD line while using camera, and also while drawing walls. It feels like the program just shifted into cad even though the menus don't agree.

I have been clearing this up by saving, exiting CA, and restarting CA.

Wish you well, C

EDantin,
    If you are doing this in a CAD detail without the patch, it is a bug that has been fixed with the patch

C,
    Haven't seen anything like that....

Tim, I am using the arrow in the cad detail. I downloaded the patch and installed it as soon as it was available. It still doesn't give me an arrow. What else could it be? When I go to help - about chief - it shows version 7.01

I am using the second patch dated 15 March 2001 patch(this is in the same splash as the 7.01 info)and it is working on my system...
    Are you using metric or imperial units?

Have you opened the dbx for this special line and (click the arrow button in this dbx) tried other arrow ends and sizes?

There was a bug with the arrows in the 12-1-01 build which should be fixed in the 3-15-01 patch.

There are some things you might want to check, do you have your arrowhead set properly in your preferences (style and size)? It is possible to choose an arrowhead size or style which will appear as a straight line. Are you using the toolbar or the menu to draw the arrowhead? If you are using the toolbar you should see the button drawn as if it is depressed. If you are using the menu you should see a check in front of the menu item. Looking for this will confirm that you are really in "arrow" drawing mode instead of in line mode. Are you in CAD mode while trying to draw it.

I'm not sure exactly what is going on here so let me know if any of these things help you to figure it out.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Chief Technical Officer
    ART, Inc.

Dermot,

I am drawing the arrow in cad mode. I have tried from both the menu and the tool bar. I have the 3-15 patch. I had the 12-15 to start with. I purchased the upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0 just recently. I also tried to draw the arrow in both the plan mode as well as in layout. I still just get a straight line. I will recheck my preferences but I think it's all set properly. Is there any other possibility? Thanks for your help.

double click the line segment and edit the "
    arrow" radio button to set the size and type.

Steven Glenn, Architect(IL), CIPE, Builder(MI)
    Empire, MI

Thanks for all the help. I went to the preferences and did nothing but looked at them and returned to my plan and voila! After updating I guess it is necessary to at least open and close the arrow preferences. Thank you very much. This BB sure is a great benefit.