Why are doors nearly always wrong swing?

I suppose it isn't a big deal, but for some reason the logic that picks the door swing is wrong almost 100% of the time. In this house I inserted 27 doors, only 1 had the right swing as the default when it was inserted.

I'd have thought it would be right more often than that if it used a totally random choice of swing.

Is there some way to set rules for determining the door swing? Just curious, I can live with it, it just seems strange that it would be wrong such a huge percentage of the time.

Fitch

There actually is a reason why it does it the way it does. I think Louis knows the answer. Maybe he'll reply. I'm almost 100% sure he explained this to us once before.

Tommy

Funny you mention it. I've noticed the same thing. Virtually every time, when I place a door, there are 4 options for its swing. It seems, and I'm generalizing, that only about 1% happen to swing where one would naturally guess it would swing. So much so that I've become accustomed to grinning every time I place one.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

the "exterior" side of walls determines the default now..

so the direction you draw interior walls can be used to predetermine door swings now

Chief uses clockwise drawing in orienting the interior wall's "exterior" side...you can also change the "exterior" side's line color to a contrasting one for an immediate visual of which side is which...then the rule is this..

Interior=a left handed door swung to the exterior side

Exterior= a right handed door swung to the interior

In v10 when you select a door, there are icons on the edit toolbar to change both the handedness of the door as well as which side of the wall it swings from