Tracking down polyline problem

I am getting an error message (4881) upon opening a file, that says: "A polyline for a slab, roof plane, countertop, etc. is inside out. It may be a hole that moved outside of its containing polyline." (Thanks for narrowing this down for me, ART)

This is a rather large project, with lots of polylines. Does anyone have any suggestions for tracking down the problem?
    Last edited by RMorrison; 07-26-2005 at 07:56 PM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

This is a tough one to track down.

If you get the error only when creating a render or vector view it is difficult to resolve.

Try a floor overview and see if it happens only on a certain floor. This will eliminate other floors that may be causing the problem.

Next if you can isolate the floor try making a copy of the plan and start using edit area and delete areas of the plan to attempt to narrow the problem.

If you still cannot narrow the problem send the plan to me and I will take a look at it.

dan@chiefarchitect.com
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Unfortunately, it might come down to a lot of clicking to find what's not closed.

Tommy

Dan,

This WAS a tough one to track down, because the error message only appeared on opening the file, never in generating views.

After much deleting of various areas, I finally tracked this down to a small, rectangular polyline that was on "House Wizard Room Boxes, Hidden" layer. It was roughly 1" x 12" in size. Although I did use the House Wizard on this project, I don't think this artifact was something that I could have drawn myself. This layer was never turned on in any layer set that I've ever used. Any idea how it got created?
    Last edited by RMorrison; 07-27-2005 at 08:35 AM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

It is difficult to say how this got created. These types of items are hard to reproduce, which makes them very difficult to track down.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect