Missing Library Browser

My library browser is no longer visable in Chief 60. I click the browser button and it acts like it's coming up but doesn't appear. I thought I moved it off screen, but can't grab it. Opening and closing Chief doesn't bring it back.

I know this has come up in the past but can't find it in the archives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Maureen

You should be able to grab a side of it by moving your cursor to the edge of the screen where you moved it off at(try them all if you can not remember)...when it changes to a double arrow click and drag the edge out onto the screen.....

Maureen,
    If Tim's suggestion still will not locate it for you try increasing your screen resolution temporarily to increase the display area. The browser should then show up. Drag it back to the center and change your resolution back as before. If you are not certain how to change resolution, go to control panel / display / settings. select the next available size up from your current selection. Windows will test it and ask if you want to keep it. Click yes. Reverse this process once you have your browser.

MH

Thanks Max,

That did it! I had updated my video driver a few weeks ago and things changed slightly. I obviously hadn't made the connection as I'm only using 60 to finish jobs started in there.

Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by Max Humphreys
    Maureen,
    If Tim's suggestion still will not locate it for you try increasing your screen resolution temporarily to increase the display area. The browser should then show up. Drag it back to the center and change your resolution back as before. If you are not certain how to change resolution, go to control panel / display / settings. select the next available size up from your current selection. Windows will test it and ask if you want to keep it. Click yes. Reverse this process once you have your browser.

MH
    Hey Max
    I am still running 8.06 (can you believe it) and your note from 3/23/2001 about how to find the lost "library browser" by changing the resolution to find it just now helped me! I am running in Windows Compatibility mode on Vista and it works great. Maybe I'll upgrade one day but the version I have still does what I want with no learning curve. Anyway, THANKS! 9 years later!