Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldier Course

soldier course

i see what is happening. when i rotate the image to the angle of the roof prich, the brick soldir course lines tehmselves are right , it is the size of the soldeir course brick that is changing. when i rotate it to fit the roof pitch the brick image apears to be 8" wide rather than 8" tall and 3" tall rather than 3" wide. i will now go back to the acme deal and try saving the image reverse size from what it would look like. oh..am i haveing fun yet!!! Thanks Rod

Think about this Rod. The trim is at an angle right? To make the texture work you would need to do what?

I see what you're saying Rod. Please post the answer if you find it. I'm playing with it too somewhat.

Tommy

Tommy,

I think you can figure this out in a heartbeat.

Rod,

If you open the texture in the materials file (library), look at the bottom left and it says rotate. It rotated the texture. I hope that's right. It looked right.

Tommy
    Last edited by Tommy Blair; 07-24-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Did you get it Tommy, Rod ?

Well it rotated as I mentioned. But I didn't use the x & y. The bottom left of texture says you can rotate.

Tommy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tommy you don't need to use the xy editing. I'm sorry I put that in there. I was thinking of something else. I'm going to take that post out of the equation.
    Last edited by louis; 07-24-2005 at 01:39 PM.

soldier course

thansk Tommy for help. i did the rotate thing and it worked perfect. the only problem i have now is getting it to look the right size when i do the 3-d render camera. whn i do the 3- render camera the soldier course brick looks aligned perfectly but it looks big and not the correct size of the brick i have on the plan on the lower wall. i am about to go crazy!! lol. i think i am all around it but am missing one small piece of the puzzle. i did all the steps but the 3-d image i come up with when i take the shot is bigger. i need to make the bricks in teh soldier course image i saved dfrom acme smaller. thanks rod

That's okay Louis, I was just going to try and do something with the x and/or y. Right now, this is the only way I see to rotate the texture easily. Is that the way you are suggesting? I suppose you could always make a symbol and rotate...too much work though.

Tommy

Tommy,

That's all you do. Rotate the texture.

I know what you're saying Rod. It looks to me that it is a trial and error thing when making the image from Acme on how many bricks to put in horizontally until you get it right for the length of bricks you need in the plan. I have tried changing the ratio of the texture, but that only goes so far. OR we are missing something obviously.

Tommy

Adjusting the ratio does work. Try doing it while in the render view.

My texture for this is just a 5 brick image and then the image repeats as needed.
    Last edited by louis; 07-24-2005 at 01:56 PM.

i'm going to try that Louis

Your right, Playing with the ratio long enough does work. I think I have 5 to 6 bricks...don't remember.

Tommy