Threaded View

I would ask the engineers you work with for referrals of contractors who do design build. Most of them do fairly crude hand drawn plans which take them a lot of time in the evening. If you show them how the clients respond and how quick you can produce conceptual designs leading to a sale you should be on your way with the right contractors.

I recenlty did a design for the clients of a new contractor (to me) where the design work had stalled due to the inability of the client to communicate what he wanted and the inability of the contractor to represent the design in the drawings. I knocked one out in Chief and emailed it to him. He was about to drive 30 miles out of his way to deliver to the client when I said why don't I just email the drawings. By the time he made it home the client had already called all excited that this was exactly what they wanted. The contractors plans weren't that far off but there was no way the client could see it, much less get excited about it.

Basically, I would look for busy contractors who know that they can do more jobs if they aren't tied down to their drawing desk.