Valley fill for truss/stick framed roof

I am having trouble generating valley fill on a L-shaped roof with mixed truss and stick framing.The main roof is the truss roof and the roof with the fill is the stick. I used a Truss Base, manualy layed out the truss roof,then auto framed the stick roof. This only produced a ridge and some partail jack rafters.I am getting a bald spot from scratching my head. thanks in advance for any help.

Ron

Ron,

This situation does require editing at times.

Select the ridge-pole on the side you are working on. Then use the extend tool to touch the rafters that need to extend upward to the ridge.

Then select the other side of the ridge-pole and extend the rafters on the other side.

Usually I see the jack rafters stopping on the truss centers and they need to be extended to the ridge.

The trim/extend tools are extremely usefull to adjust roof framing and floor framing.

Most any line you can select can be a guide for framing members while using the trim/extend tools

------------------
    dean@twoalpha.net
    Dean Johnson
    Laurel, Montana

my personal pages

My NEW gallery

3D rendering with POVray

Dean,

Thank you for shortening the learning curve, the extend and trim tools worked great.

Ron