Where is everyone

Hi Group

Just purchased Chief V10 and came browsing through this forum to check out anyone down here in the South Island.

But there seems to be some inaction amongst us, do any of you guys still read this site?

Phil

Yes I am here!!! always on the site ... very useful! where in Ch-Ch you work out of?

Thanks for your reply,

Based out here in Kaiapoi.

I am completely new to Chief, however I have made the big step from using Autocad, just got dishertened with it and could see better advantages in this software.

Have you been using Chief long? I am trying to find some Bifold door symbols, any clues to where I could find some? The ones that come with Chief arent up to the job.

Thnxs

I myself are from Rangiora , Been using chief since V6 , find it works well for what we do , and great for 3d work. When I do a bifold I use the door mode (as by stacking doors up you get the look of a bifold door , then create a block and paste it over the doors , looks quite good.
    Any way let me know if you need any help , can try and help ....

Hi Jerms

Thaks for your reply, Well I have so far completed my first set of plans, however they did take me considerably longer to detail than it would have with Autocad. However I am sure that I will get faster with the software as time goes on.

I have heaps of questions I could ask, and you would probably soon get the ache with me asking them, so I will endevour to muddle through and discover the answers.

Thanks fro the tip on bifold doors, I managed to complete them.
    One other queastion though is how do you draw soffits? I guess its with a polyline solid, nut there isnt much in the way of tutorials on using these (in fact there is nothing really of use).

Regards

Stoiker27

Re the detailing , we create most of our details in Autocad, then put them into a library on chief (same with our cross sections), and every time you need a new one just keep adding them, seems to work very well. There is some chief tutorial cd's that are very good, worth a look at.