Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody

Anybody

OK, now I am using 9.5 and I have always had a impossible time with this. I have achieved it in other ways, but I would feel better if I was doing it the right way. Creating a plot plan, I I open a black cad detail and call it the plot plan, then I go back to plan veiw and then click on create plot plan and it say, NO, you must have a cad window open, Darn it I do! What's with that???

Classic,

Did you figure it out? I'm learning how to do this too! I did figure it out, that part anyway, but am trying to figure out step #19, the last step, from CA's tutorial. I want to rotate the house which is the footprint right? When I click on a wall, the whole house or footprint is highlighted. There is no specification to open as mentioned in step #19. I can rotate. Is that what they mean? If I use the rotate handle, it messes up the image. I know I'm missing something here. Just so you know, the house and plot plan was done exactly from the tutorial. ( Louis supplied the link I used if you click on that link). I did this in v9.5 because I don't know if v10 works a little different (haven't tried it yet). I'm getting real close to understanding this better on how to do it. Once I get this last part, I have a couple of other questions. I have attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for any help,

Tommy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tommy,

You click on the edge of the footprint and then open the rotate dbx and then enter the bearing (absolute angle) you would like to rotate the footprint. This is in 9.5 by the way.
    Last edited by louis; 07-18-2005 at 06:13 AM.

Thank you Louis. That is what I assumed....but we all know what assume means! Better to ask. The phrasing on the tutorial implies that there is a specification box to open. I will try it and be back with a couple of more questions.

Tommy

Louis,

When I click on the edge of the footprint (wall) and rotate, I get this...see attachment. If I shift>select the footpint, it rotates okay without the double image. When you say click on an edge of the footprint you are referring to what would be a wall right? Please excuse my ignorance all.

Tommy

Here is what I'm trying to do.

Tommy

Plot Plan

Why did you leave your CAD window and go back to plan to create the Plot Plan?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Plot Plan

Tommy: Do you have the training videos? If you do, watch the video on creating a plot plan and you will get it right. Going back to the previous posts, what you want to do with the side of the house (right side) that you want to line up with (be parallel to) the right side of your plot plan is to make the side of the house's angle the same as the bearing angel for the plot plan (right side). Hope you have the videos as it is crystal clear there IF you follow all the right steps.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

No I don't have the videos. I'm not in plan view here. I just inserted text.

Tommy

A couple of other questions:

1. Can you reference the bearing lines or plot lines in plan view?
    If not, then are you suppost to do all of the additions or buildings and flatwork in advance? I can't imagine that because how do you know if you're working outside the property line? I ran into this problem after doing the tutorial and then I wanted to add to the four walls I did as per the tutorial. I went to plan view to lets say add a garage and add to the four walls, but there was no reference to the property line for the property lines or bearing lines are in a cad detail.

2. Why do you have to or should do this in a cad detail? If you do it in plan view, you can see the property line? I did this and yes you can do it in cad mode. (All my replies shown on this thread are in a detail though). I haven't tried it yet but do you have to have a structure before you do the bearing lines?

Tommy
    Last edited by Tommy Blair; 07-17-2005 at 12:39 PM.

Tommy,

I just got back from the home show. I'm not sure everyone else wants to learn how to do this. Call me to clarify what you want to do and I will help. You can call me tonight..
    Last edited by louis; 07-17-2005 at 05:14 PM.

Thank you Louis,

I do need to get this down as best as possible or at least the questions I've asked on this thread. I know there must be a reason why the tutorials want you to do this in a cad detail but then I see the problem of working in plan view and not seeing he property line done with bearing lines. As mentioned earlier, I did put the bearing lines in plan view and was then able to add whatever I wanted on the property and be within the property lines. I think I'm understanding pretty good on how to enter the property lines. One other thing I've noticed is that you have to turn on the radio buttons to see the angles (text) for the lines, but they don't show the directions ie N,S,E and W. I'm sure there is something that just needs to be turned on.

On another note, Louis, you looked great at the show! Sorry I missed Katy. I thought I was going to be busy today. Katy's design at the show for the pergula looked very nice. Well done Katy! I must say though that I think it would have been to CA's benifit to have a booth or something set up there to show off CA's capabilities. I saw alot of homeowners there and alot of builders (wih booths). I know you must be a little tired this evening from the Home Show for me to call this evening. You can reply to this if you like if it is okay to call this evening. Otherwise, I'll call you sometime tomorrow afternoon (late) or in the evening. Once again, I think you represented Chief great at the show.

Tommy

You can call this evening.

Classic,

Just curious, Have you figured it out? I'm beginning to understand. It's funny, I was basically going to ask the exact same question you started with. After walking away for awhile, I came back and found what I was missing for that question.

Tommy