dim won't to snap to correct surface

I am tyring to dimensioning from the inside of an exterior (the stud) wall to an interior wall and I can not get my arrow to move from the drywall (1/2" away from the stud) to the stud on the exterior wall, 1/2" further,

dim to stud on the interior wall is no problem.

Any ideas as how to get this to snap to the stud on the inside of the exterior wall?

I am using 9.54

Thank You
    David
    Last edited by PFHB; 07-11-2005 at 11:39 AM.

David –I’m also on 9.54 and often have the same problem- first open your wall spec box, then wall types tab and make sure the radio button is on the stud, the only other thing is to zoom in tight to arrowhead, click and grab and it should move to where you want it, no matter what radio button is marked- other times, like after the dbx tells me I only have two points (or something like that) I just delete it and redimension.

Thank You Roy,

I have zoomed in very close and this is not working,

I have had to resort to placing a cad line in the wall and using that to snap to, this should not happen but is the best I can do for now.

Thank You Again
    David

You might dbl click the dimension tool and try a different setting under the "locate objects" tab. This may or may not help. Are you doing this in CAD mode? Sometimes it seems CA has a mind of its own. Good Luck.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard