Can not select windows?

Can not select windows after they are placed in a wall. Hitting the next button does nothing. Can anybody help.
    Gary

Are you using the select object tool? If you have the wall tool selected it will not select the window. Use the button that has an arrow on it.

HTH
    Angela
    vX2 (latest and greatest)

Is the layer locked? (v10)

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

Use the button that has an arrow on it.

Or, tap the space bar.

I have the habit of tapping space after each operation as I will invariably move on to another operation and end up dropping another door or window on the plan, etc. or just not being able to select until I remember that I am still in the last "mode".

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

If you don't have the arrow active, you should still be able to select the window with a right mouse click, even if you need to use the next button (or tab)...

In version 9.xx, if you have made the wall snap distance smaller then the default 5 1/2, then windows and doors become increasingly difficult to select...you need to be precisely in the center of the wall and opening...otherwise increase this number close to the default...(I assume this works the same in 10).

HTH

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

gmohr is offline Registered User Promoted
    I just had this happen to me. Using 10.04a.

The only thing that was selectable were rooms. I couldn't select windows/doors/walls/etc. If I chose the window tool, then tried to select the window (or door tool and select door, etc), it selected nothing. Right clicking selected a room.

Ben hit this one on the head. The layer was locked. Somehow the Terrain Set was chosen. I didn't change it or hit the terrain button, but somehow the layer sets changed. Changing it back to architectural makes things work.

Anyone else seen spontaneous layer set changes? Seems odd.

Grant

We've had the spontaneous change to Terrain. It has never changed to anything else, just Terrain. Weird. I don't think it does it in 10.05.

W

gmohr is offline Registered User Promoted
    They still show 10.04a as the latest blessed version on chiefarch.com, but my 10.04a just imploded (hard hang, not just the usual "error, save as new file" crash) so I'm going to update, hopefully it fixes some things.

Grant