Threaded View

Originally posted by Alex-Berkeley
    Both programs do load calculations, and EnergyPro also does Non-residential models (utililzing the DOE2 engines) which allows us to tradeoff between Envelope, Lighting, and Mechanical systems. It also cross-references to LEEDs points.
    I downloaded e-QUEST last night. Haven't had time to install it or read any of the bunch of data that was on the same WEB site. It's free. Right now I don't have time to do much with it, but after we move in in September (and I'm not spending 8 hours a day working on the house and 5 hours a day working on CA) I'll look forward to exploring it.

Who's equipment? Fan-coil distribution or radiant? Heat & Cool? Sounds interesting ... I've used Canadian units at some ski resorts we've worked on. [/B]
    ClimateMaster Tranquility 27 model number TT*049 set up for closed loop operation on two 300' wells. Two speed compressor, two speed fan, 4 zone Honeywell controller. Each zone is controlled by a damper and its own thermostat.

If I set all the thermostats to 70F, the house will stabilize at 71 +/- 1F. The basement needs heat (it wants to be around 64F this time of year), the bonus room over the garage needs the most cooling. The unit will cool the bonus room for a while, the pump stops, the blower runs to purge the ducts, then the dampers switch, the pump restarts and it goes into heating mode to warm up the basement. It switches to what ever mode is needed.

Right now, since the house is still under construction, I have turned the basement zone off.

I'm looking forward to spending some time studying this to see what's going on. Who knows, maybe there is an advantage in there someplace for the builder I do most of my designing for. He does mostly starter houses, but if they can be made more energy efficient with out increasing the cost, that would be a feature. These are houses for people who worry about price changes of a couple of hundred bux. They are good people who really want a house but almost have to skip a meal a day to get in one.

Be good for them if the energy cost can be reduced with out increasing their mortgage.

Fitch