Windows Reversed??????

The photo below shows a set of windows that were copied from the one on the right and placed in the same wall a little to the left.

However, as you can see the windows are reversed.

No matter what I try, new windows or other windows, the same thing happens, they are reversed.

Sure need some help to get this one right.

Thanks for the helping hand,

Paul

Paul K. Traylor (Design Engineer )

WoodArt Design and Drafting Service
    "Great Homes Come From Great Designs"

pktraylor65@gmail.com
    North Fort Myers, Florida

I've had this happen, not sure why, and not completely sure how I got out of it. Make sure there isn't anything making that wall think there's a big room outside. Also, try using the wall break tool to take that chunk of wall out. Then drag the wall from the right, where the windows are correct, over to fill in, and try the windows again. If all that fails, tech support should still be there for another 36 minutes!

Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

This is a remodeling job so it is not a complete building.

Per your suggestion I extended the outside brick wall around the the portion being worked and enclosed the whole thing.

IT WORKED! I deleted the windows and reinstalled them and all was correct. Problem solved. Do not understand the problem since I have done these remodeling jobs a hundred times the passed two years without a problem.

Many, many thanks Wendy for the help!

Paul

pktraylor65@gmail.com

"...so it is not a complete building."

If you have not created a closed room, Chief has no good way of determing the inside vs. the outside. Normally, it will use the direction that you drew the walls and place the windows accordingly. You can get into other situations where Chief can't tell inside from outside like when you have an enclosed porch but you have not changed the room type to porch.

Defining the building more accurately is usually the best solution, but sometimes flipping wall directions can help. In your picture, it looks like your walls are being built right (ie the layers look like they are the way you want them) so I don't have a good explanation for why the windows are not facing the same direction. It is possible that for some reason the incomplete building just confused Chief.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Good Morning Dermot!

If you could see the entire plan it would show that the room where the window was installed correctly was enclosed and the room that it would not place had an open hallway.

After enclosing the entire area, the windows worked great.

Won't forget that soon.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

pktraylor65@gmail.com