Thread: Text Attributes

Text Attributes

After having selected a default font different than "Arial" (in my case "Blueprintdbt") and when inserting text onto a plan or layout sheet; you want to change an attribute of that text (lets say "bold Italic"), one would type out the text to be inserted in the Text Entry dialog box and then select the "ATTRIBUTES" tab, go down to "Font and Tabs" (which shows your chosen default font in an adjacent, greyed out, box) then select "FONT" and you can access areas that change the Font, Font style, and the Font size. My Question is: Should not the chosen default font ALWAYS appear in the "FONT" box? Mine is blank, requiring that I choose my default font every time I want to enter any/all text that is different in any way from the default settings. If you do not choose your default font and you change anything at all, The result is "Arial". This can be annoying when trying to finish a set of plans by inserting headings, or titles (ie Details or Elevations, etc...)on layout sheets and you must continually select your default font every time you wish to simply make it "Italic" or "Bold". Admittedly, I have not read the entire "Reference Guide" but I have tried to find in the book, a solution to this problem (problem for me, anyway) and cannot. A.R.T. has made great strides with this upgrade and has made some very well thought out changes, but this particular little text thing seemed to work better in "97". Any Help/Advice/Guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Respectfully,
    Ed Hoyt

------------------
    Edwin R. Hoyt Jr.

Ed

This appears to be a bug. I have my text font set to Technical Italic. Set it up as Dean suggests.

I entered some new text in the text dbx and opened the attruibute/font window. There was no default set in the upper left window. I selected "bold italic" and the text defaulted to what appears to be Bold Arial italic.

In CA97 when you open the font dbx the default is shown both in the upper left edit box and is highlighted in the font scroll bar. In CA 6.0 the scrool bar is set at the beginning of the font list and nothing shows in the edit box.

Mac MacDonald