Thread: Autocad Borders

Autocad Borders

I am new to Chief Architect, and would like to know, first if I can import the title block I have been using in Autocad, and secondly how. The Border is set up as a block with editable attributes.

I have succesfully imported dwg's in CA, you can import the block into a plan file, or a cad detail, from there, edit it as needed and open a layout, send it to layout and scale the layout to fit your needs.

Commnent...
    It is so easy to create your new layout, that the time you spend trying to import it, trial and error may be more than creating a new one!!!

I agree with x-acto, and I am pretty sure your going to lose your attributes, as there is no prevision for this in chief

you are going to be working the titlebloce thing with chief differetn than autocad, for instance, you only have to put the info in once, on chiefs layout page 0, then all that shows up on every page, all yo have to do is change the page number now

ns

Neal,

You may know this, in version 10 we have automatic page numbering. This works with numbers not the letter and number combination some use.
    Last edited by louis; 06-20-2005 at 01:45 PM.

louis. I did not know that, but then I don't number my chief plans anyways..not yet at least, if i get better at it I might start doing it...

thanks for the heads up