Thick Line Wieghts Converting to DWG

In Chief 10.04a when I convert my floor plans to DWG format, for others, the line weights come out way too thick. In one example a Cheif 10.04a wall line weight of 7 comes out as 1.53mm in DWG format.

Is there a way to get them to the thickness that I was used to in 9.54 or even close?

Thanx in advance,

Jay

Sorry no help here

Line weights from the beginning of CAD should have been laid out to a standard format. BUT NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Everyone is their own control freak with individual ideas!

Your task will be very messy, at best!

God Speed!

Rick
    Rick J. Lee
    RJL Design
    www.RJL-Design.com
    Thor2002@MSN.com

When we export lineweights to .DWG, we attempt to set the exported lineweight to the closest AutoCAD lineweight based on the lineweight you have specified in Chief. You might check your Line Weight Scale on the Page Setup dialog (File->Print->Page Setup). For example, if your Line Weight Scale were set so that "A line weight of 1 = 1 / 100 in", a lineweight of '7' would mean your lineweight is .07 in. Converting this to mm gives 1.778 mm. The closest ACAD lineweight to this thickness is 1.58 mm, so this would be the lineweight that gets exported. If you modified your lineweight so that "A line weight of 1 = 1/600 in", a lineweight of '7' would mean your lineweight is .0117 in = .2963 mm. The closest ACAD lineweight would then be .3 mm and the line would be exported with this lineweight.
    Chris Tenbrink
    Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.