1x bottom plates?

Is there a way to make the bottom plate of a wall a 1x instead of a 2x. It sounds goofy but very needed in my industry.

Thanks.

dont have your answer
    but you must be in the mobile home industry
    do you HAVE to show the plate. or just finhsed wall height
    that can be adjusted to whatever you want

Steve,

When you change the plate dimension, you're changing it for both top and bottom plates. It can be done though by keeping the default setting with 2x material for the top plates (if that's what you need). You can alter the base plate in the wall detail. Very time consuming though if you have to do it to all walls.

You might consider just showing a cad detail in the layout.

Tommy

you could do by setting the plate to 3/4" and use 4 top plates in the framing dbx to get the correct thickness for a double 2x top plate...or use as many/few top plates as you need to get the thickness you need..

Interesting thought Tim,

I have a question for you. There is a man here who builds homes using 4x4 studs @4' OC...no problem. He uses double 2x6 boards on edge for the top plates ...big problem, and 4x4s I believe for the base plates. He wants to show this in CA. Any ideas?

If I have this wrong, then maybe Louis will correct me. I don't think this can be done in CA except by showing in a cad detail. The only thing that I'm not sure of and wasn't brought up in the meeting was that if he uses 4x4s for the studs and 2x6s on edge for the top plates, then he will have to use a 1/2" spacer just like it was a header which is actually what he's doing. I haven't seen this type of construction.

Thanks for an comments,

Tommy

Couldn't you do that in the framing dlg. box?stud thickness-4'oc.
    I dont understand about the top plate,2x4 would work.Unless he's using the extra 2"for a nailer.
    Allen C,