Opening Chief Issues

For some reason when I open V10 on the desktop, it opens in a minimized window(win2K system). I can expand this work area to full size and it's ok, I save as full size , close down, reopen and it's minimized again, for all plans on the desktop computer. This does not happen with the laptop,(xp home), for V10.
    This does not happen with my V9.5 setups!

I must have something set I cannot find regarding Chief's profile/template on the desktop version? I open Excel and it's not minimized, I open Word, and it's not minimized. I have opened the profile plan, expanded it, saved it closed down and still have this minimized issue? I can't find what I did??

Any ideas?
    Take Care

Jim

Is it only Chief or other programs as well.

If it is other programs, it may be a windows setting.

I remember reading about this but I don't remember where
    to change the windows setting. Hopefully, someone else
    will. If I get time I'll try to research it as I have had this happen before and I prefer most of my windows to open full screen.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

It is only Chief, all other windows programs open normally!
    Take Care

Jim

Are you using the 10.04a update? If not, I would encourage you to download and install this update. You can find it by going to our announcements section. We will be making this an offical update very soon so I think it is safe to use for everyone.

If you are still experiencing the problem in 10.04a, then please report this as a bug to tech support.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Try resizing the window by dragging the corners,not clicking on the square at the top.I think this will keep the size in memory.
    That works for other programs.If you see 2 squares over lapping you can'nt resize.1 big square between the - and the x.
    Hope I explained it good enough.
    Allen C.
    Last edited by Allen42acj; 06-08-2005 at 09:55 AM.

OK, I tried 10.04a but it didn't make a difference.
    On a whim, I closed Chief, changed the resolution from 1024 to 1152, reopened Chief. Then I maximized the screen by using the mid-button, saved it and closed. The settings stuck.
    I changed the res back to 1024, opens ok; changed it back to 1152, and it is still ok!

For some reason the changes were not sticking under the original runing resolution. I'll try 1152 for awhile, seems to provide a little more acreage with smaller tool bars.

Thanks
    Take Care

Jim