Garage door on interior wall

Well, I dont' have need to do it often, but I Chief won't let me place a garage door on an interior wall. do I just erase the "other" exterior wall, place it and then reconstruct the other wall?... or is there some trick that will allow me to place the garage door on an interior wall?
    Thanks,
    Cameron

Name the room in front of the door an outside room name like "court or deck" then change the room name to the real name.

Cameron--I tried it: you can just pick one of the walls surrounding the "outside" space that the garage door is supposed to lead to and edit the wall, checking "No Room Def." i General tab. Then the space becomes "open" and the internal wall becomes an external wall.

After you insert the garage door, just uncheck the option, you will get the room definition back and the door will remain in place. HTH.

[edit] the above method is OK and it's from the trainers ;-), the post appeared as I was typing mine :-)
    Last edited by mack; 06-07-2005 at 06:29 PM.
    Matt
    For where your home is, there will your heart be also.

Thanks to both of you. You're both geniuses.
    thanks,
    Cameron

Cameron, please note the delicate difference between "Chief Trainers" with 2870+ posts and a "Junior Member" with some 60+ :-)

They must be geniuses, for sure :-)
    Good luck!
    Matt
    For where your home is, there will your heart be also.