Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Theatre Seating

Hey Alen,

Those are great rendering times you are posting with Artlantis. Does that program use you video card hardware driver in the process or your main CPU. If it uses your video card, which card are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660
    bcs-office@baileyhouses.com

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:
    ASUS A8N-SLI 64BIT AMD DualCore
    Athlon X2 4400+ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR400 RAM,
    XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB Dual DVI Video
    DesignJet 500 & 130nr Plotters

I have 2 gig rams and Gforce 5200 video card.

jason, raytracing is not like real world..where you can swith on 40 W. 60W or 80 watt bulbs... every single light you added will make a big different in the final results..

jason, raytracing is not like real world...
    They probably said something like that to Thomas Edison, too. SOmeday, though, some determined programmer will make it possible to "screw in" light bulbs into the lights in our renderings.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

How do you render a Chief model in Art-Lantis? Can you, or do you have to export it another format first?

Wendy

Alan,

I realize that ray tracing is not like the real world. Being able to assign lights a certain wattage would set their light levels in relation to each other - which I believe would be very useful in getting a more accurate portrayal of how the room will look when built.

I'm going to hop on over to Suggestions and post my wish.

Wendy

Jason,

If you want renders like the real world look at the exciting Maxwell render product (http://www.maxwellrender.com/).

Its the first true physics based render (not raytracing or radiosity), I think its the most exciting thing in 3D I've seen in a long time. The results are stunningly photo real unlike anything else. Too bad no CA plugin (oh yeah... CA doesn't have plug-ins).

Too bad Pov-ray is so slow. Now that I think about it all the 3D stuff in CA is painfully slow, even the 3D working views. Why do shadows take minutes, where in Sketchup they are real time? I think it would also be very helpful if CA built its 3D scenes front to back instead of the other way around. That way even complex scenes would be very fast for what you pointed your camera at, then it could build the rest of the model in the background while you are looking in case you want to walk around, but that would be invisible to the user.

By the way, why isn't there the same (easy) mouse navigation tools in vector views?
    Last edited by taharvey; 06-08-2005 at 01:44 PM.

Originally posted by taharvey
    Jason,

If you want renders like the real world look at the exciting Maxwell render product (http://www.maxwellrender.com/).

It may be exciting.........But it sure would help to inspire confidence if they at least knew how to spell..........BTW What is JEWELLERY?

"That's OK Kid......I can't say Chevloray"

Bill Shideler
    [COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Homes By Design[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Cell:360.798.3144

Well they are from Spain, so you can't blame them too much, they probably spell better than I do (but i now know who the spelling police are around here).

Looks like they currently have plug-ins for 3D-max, maya, lightwave, rhino, cinema 4d, solid works.

They are working on plugins for ArchiCad, autodesk products, Bentley, formZ, and SketchUp amongst others.
    Last edited by taharvey; 06-08-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Sheesh.

How do they DO that?

Is it like art*lantis? Do you just export a file and go?

Originally posted by taharvey
    Jason,

If you want renders like the real world look at the exciting Maxwell render product
    An interesting observation: In the closeup of the left side of the Ducatti motor cycle, either it is a picture (which I doubt), or they are truly simulating the depth of field for the simulated camera because part of it is in focus, part isn't just like a real photograph would be.

That isn't the most spectacular picture in the collection, but it is certainly an impressive technology demonstration.

Awesome technology but nothing I need to get houses built in my situation. I seldom go as far as making a render view - 99% of the time its vector views which are sent to cad and end up as lines, period. For those that need it though, W O W, what a neat tool!

Fitch

Yep it works just like the real word. You set your camera f-stop, focus, lens. It models real light spectral interaction with surfaces, dispersion in glass, and uses a physical sky model so that the light from different angles in the sky hitting your scene have different properties.

Best of all, the render times I've seen from users are much faster than POV-ray.

Though, without a plug-in architecture to CA I think you'd have to reapply all your textures with maxwell textures.
    Last edited by taharvey; 06-08-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Originally posted by mcqueenhomes

The catch, though, with "blue camera" renderings is that you can't make a hardware rendering larger than your screen.
    As a partial work-around, you can use a virtual desktop.

The standard drivers on my ATI card, for example, can make the desktop go up to 2048x1536.