Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theatre Seating

Theatre Seating

I need library art of 20" deep theatre seats, W/ cushions and wood arm rests. I am working on a community theatre remodel project. CA does not seem to have this item and I cannot find anything similar.

Thanks,

Mike
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660
    bcs-office@baileyhouses.com

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:
    ASUS A8N-SLI 64BIT AMD DualCore
    Athlon X2 4400+ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR400 RAM,
    XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB Dual DVI Video
    DesignJet 500 & 130nr Plotters

You will probably need to create a symbol or have one made
    for a fee. Try some home theater seating vendor sites and see if they have DWG or DXF files for downloading.

It may also be possible to create the room and then fill the center with a slab or polyline to which you can attach a jpg image of theater seating to for that "look".
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

posting a picture of what you want may help

Please be seated

Try these at original symbols
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/originalsymbols/
    they're pretty simple, and don't have wooden sides, perhaps you could get busy with the delete surface tool, and re-make armrests from plines or slabs. On the other hand these models are so simple, I recon you could make them yourself, from the toools within Chief.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Just like that

Yes well done Alan how many seconds did it take you to sketchup this.
    And now I think of it have you seen the Lammhults site
    http://www.lammhults.com/

They have a good range of downloadable Dwg s you may be able to use.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Sorry to keep coming back at oblique angles , but it occured to me that if you are remodeling, then eventually you will be buying the seats, so I'm wondering if there is any milage in contacting the manufaturers and seeing if they have any 3D files, some do, and some share them quite freely.

Thanks for all your help. Most of the dialog has been right on target and very helpful in allowing me to understand what I have asked for in this request. You have pointed out that you really need more information to be totally accurate in helping me with this project. Thanks for your patience.

We (the theatre board of directors) intend to retain the current seating for this remodel. Our objective is to extend the lobby 9-10 feet into the auditorium and build a lodge on top of the lobby extension to retain the seating that will have to be removed from the main floor.

I want to be able to show a concept drawing to the theatre board that includes the seating. To that end, I have attached a picture of the theatre seating. It shows that the seats have rounded concave backs and wooden arm rests. These are the same seats that were installed in many movie houses and high school auditoriums in the 1950's.

So far, I have not seen any symbols that would be a good representation of what I am looking for. It will be hard for me to invest a lot of time or money in this as I am doing it Pro-bono for our local theatre. I happen to be on the board of directors and am therefore an indentured servant.

You folks never seem to run out of ideas so let me have it again.

Thanks,

Mike

PS: It would be great to find information on how to import a 3D .dwf file into the symbol library that would show up in plan view as well.
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:

I will take some more pictures today and post one that shows the seats in full detail.

Thanks
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:

Here is a picture that should give you a good idea of how these seats look as well as the general construction.

Thanks,

Mike
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:

Take your seats please

I've had a go at producing your seats, and the DXF s are to download from original symbols. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/originalsymbols/
    There are two files; the seat back and the armrest, both these will have to be imported into Chief, (use the copy tools to produce the banks of seats), in addition yoyu will need the cushion, I used the "rounded slab" from the same site.
    For those who doubt the versatility of Chief these objects were made without the aid of any 3rd party program.
    Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 05-28-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Mike,

These theater seats are more detailed than ARCHIJEF2000's seats. I would use ARCHIJEF2000 to populate the majority of the rows to keep the file size to a reasonable level; then use these files for front rows or presentation renderings.

Go to:
    Original Symbols and look up the file entitled "Theater Seating Old Fashion Elements zip". There are three dwg files in the zip: Left chair element, Center chair element, and Right Chair Element.

These seating elements were designed with SketchUP and imported in to Chief for the POV-Ray rendering; therefore, the dwg files are ready for immediate import in to Chief.

Hope this helps.
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

It looks like I have received two great symbols. This is quite amazing that you guys would go to the trouble of helping me with this project. My hat is off to you both and the other fine responces that I have received.

I have spent most of today going over the training videos on symbols and the library. One of the best things about CA is the training and support that I get. There is no way that I would have been able to transition from ADT to CA without this valuable help.

Thanks very much!!!

Mike

PS: I will let you know how things come out with the theatre upgrade project.
    Michael Bailey
    Bailey's CAD Services
    Ferndale, CA
    707-407-7660

SOFTWARE:
    XP Pro, CA V10 - X2

HARDWARE:

you guys beat me... this model is with the back rest done by me..the rest.... borrow from don's model...