Thread: Retaining walls

Hybrid View

Retaining walls

Is there any way we can offset the strip footings for retaining walls. In New Zealand, more often than not, we have approx. 200mm on one side & maybe 600 to 2000mm on the other.
    In the plan view, as it shows, the outline of the footing is roughly equal each side & I change the footing layer then turn it off & draw a new outline. Any comments?
    Max Cutts

Re: Retaining walls

Originally posted by Max Cutts
    Is there any way we can offset the strip footings for retaining walls. In New Zealand, more often than not, we have approx. 200mm on one side & maybe 600 to 2000mm on the other.
    In the plan view, as it shows, the outline of the footing is roughly equal each side & I change the footing layer then turn it off & draw a new outline. Any comments?
    Max Cutts
    I don't know how to do it but I think that being able to do it would be a good feature. There are times when footings for basement walls should be offset as well. It can be done by replacing the footing with a slab shaped like a footing, but I'd like it better if the footing could be offset as you suggest.

Fitch