Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you have been using the program for 6 months, you probably don't need the beginning training.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

I went last year and had a blast. Learned a lot, too. I want to go again this year, but it isn't firmed up yet. Coeur D'Alene and the surrounding area are gorgeous, and there's plenty of things for SO's to do. Some great restaurants downtown, also.
    Highly recommend the experience to any CA user. Last year, my husband joined me at the end of the event and we spent the Labor Day weekend wandering around southern British Columbia; in other words, the User's Group meeting is a great take-off point for a nice weekend vacation. This year, if he gets the time off, we're heading east to Glacier National Park after the meeting.

Viki

The more I think about it the more enthused I am. I didn't realize that Idaho is so close. Closer than So Cal. I talked to ART today and apparently their is no limit on how many people can take the training classes. They just add classes as needed.

Nice to know I can skip the beginning session.

- R

Louis,

Are you training this year, or just going for fun? If training, I hope to take your class. I missed it last year, and I heard great things.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Adam,

Thanks. I'm glad you heard good things about our class. I'm not sure yet if we will be teaching or not. It depends on the number of people who sign up for training. We will know soon if we are teaching and I will let you know.

I have looked at the chief site about the classes, I am interested but I have a difficult time deciphering what the program is??

Can someone tell me how much it would cost to go???and I would want to skip the beginner class for sure, more of an intermediate user, no where near advanced, although I have been a user since 6, I am still only capable in a small range of chief skills, I refuse to read the manuals, and really prefer someone to bail me out at times...

I would consider calling myself an advanced drafter, but not utilizing chief, I do not understand what other opportunities there will be at the users group, I would like to be in class the whole time I am there...

are there break out classes that I can pick from????

Neal,

The actual classes are held on the days before the users group. On the users group day there are seminars on chief topics and then in the afternoon there are breakout sessions where you can get help with specific needs with a Chief expert. Katy and I both worked the breakout sessions last year. Email or call me if you have additional questions.

Here is where you can find info about the cost of the users group.
    http://www.chiefarchitect.com/userac...rmeetings.html
    Last edited by louis; 06-16-2005 at 06:39 AM.

Having been last year and having come away extremely impressed with the entire experience, I realize from postings here that Chief could do a better job marketing the "Meeting" experience.

My opinion is that regardless of the skill level one feels one has with Chief, the meeting, and whatever classes one attends prior, are fantastically worth it.
    Although I've been using Chief since version 6 and make my living from design, I still wouldn't consider myself an advanced user. Even though I attended a 3 day intermediate class with Steve Blake, and a 2 day advanced class with him, and a 1 day advanced seminar at last year's meeting, my skill level pales in comparison to say, Tim or Louis, and many other folks on this forum.

Needless to say, either I'm a dunce (there are those who would agree), or there's much to learn that each user addresses as need arises.

All that to say, don't feel that you won't get something out of the meeting; you will, regardless of your perceived skill level. Chief really needs to explain better how the whole week is structured. It's apparent if one studies the advertisement, but one really has to concentrate.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

I happily signed up for the advanced class but what you say alobartn makes so much sense. I don't know what I was thinking not signing up also for the intermediate class. So I will be now signing up for that also.

I have been a user since 97 but there is so much more that I could learn:

"Things that I don't know that I don't know",

plus others where I use work-arounds, but could learn a better way to do it.

The friends that went last year were hugely enthusiastic. I was in the process of buying a house and moving from Southern California to 'The Great Northwest', Washington State, so was too distracted to attend.

I am so looking forward to all of it, and especially meeting the geniuses that bring us the joy of Chief.

Mike

I'm looking forward to meeting you Mike.

slatta is signed up, see ya'll there..

intermediate class
    advanced
    users group meeting

Adam,

We have found out that we will not be teaching this year. They have enough instructors in place. That's too bad we have some really cool material prepared. Oh well.

We will be at the users group. See you there.