Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Users' Group Meeting in Idaho

Alright, alright. Who is going the the big Users' Goup meeting in Idaho? Those who attended last year found it fantastically helpful, useful, entertaining, enlightening, bonding, and fun. Any committers?
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

I'm already signed up, wanted to go last year but was too "new" and still using Home Pro.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Is it really worth going to?
    Dan Kerns
    Using X5.

Adam,

Katy and I are planning to go.

I went last year as a brand new user with a few weeks in the books and all of the tutorials viewed. I enjoyed it very much, but I will probably opt to wait until the next one, as I will have missed to much time from work already that month.

Dave

Yes, it is WELL worth the trip! Coming from someone who's been using Chief since version 6, here's the scoop from my perspective, quoted from a post immediately after last year's meeting:

What a wonderful thing ART did by hosting the first User's Group meeting! It was magical to finally meet the Chief team from Coeur d'Alene, and to match faces with some of the personalities from this site. I only hope more users from this forum show up at next year's meeting.

About 150 people were present for the dinner cruise (first night) and all day event full of break-out sessions, meals replete with speeches, information, and good food, CAD shootout contest (a hilarious blast with full color commentary from the CEO), and awards. Even live music!

During the day not one question went unanswered, albeit the answer was not always one the questioner hoped for. Nevertheless the various expertise demonstrated by both staff and end-users was nothing short of inspiring.

Arriving with high hopes for an intense learning experience, mine were exceeded. I feel the ART employees et al deserve praise, who demonstrated exemplary professionalism and knowledge, and who create a sense of confidence that we, the users of the product they have developed, are in good hands and will be well served now and in years to come.

With next year’s meeting I hope ART will have made provisions for the onslaught of expected participants. Perhaps it won’t be necessary to again lash three cruise boats together just to fit us all on the lake. Maybe there’ll be a boat big enough to fit everyone (it was kinda funny to see that). Anyway, don’t delay in signing up. You won’t regret it! Thank you ART!
    Last edited by alobartn; 05-31-2005 at 05:05 PM.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Ok,

So I see there are 3 days worth of classes that you can take before hand.

I'm wondering how beginning is the beginning class?

I am also wondering what my SO could do for 4 days in Idaho while I am living, eating and breathing CA. He doesn't fish but he does drink beer. I guess he wouldn't mind sitting around drinking beer for 4 or 5 days but he could do that at home if he wanted to.

- Rachel

If you're already using Chief, and I know you are since you've been on this forum for a while, I'd skip the beginner class. However, all of them are excellent and you'll be glad you learned from whatever you class you attended. Plus, the repoire with other users is surprisingly refreshing.

The resort, the town, and the area are beautiful; there's no shortage of activities either. I wish my wife and son were comiing. I wouldn't miss it!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Idaho mtg

I'm travelling to US from Australia in August, and would be interested in attending any meeting related to CA.

When is the Idaho meeting on?

regards Geoff Parry
    Geoff Parry Detail Drafting
    CA 10.8 - SU 6

I'm no golfer, but if you are, that's the place to do it.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

All the info can be found here.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Thank you I should have looked... I hope to meet you there.

Geoff
    Geoff Parry Detail Drafting
    CA 10.8 - SU 6

The SO was surprisingly enthusiastic about going to Idaho. I guess we have friends that live close by in WA.

It looks like there is plenty of camping around there if we are too cheap to spring for a hotel.

What to wear?

That's me (the trainer) on the training picture. We had such a great time at the users group.

Louis,
    I am thinking of taking some of the pre meeting training sessions.

How beginning is the beginning class?
    I don't want to miss any vital info but I have come a long way in the last 6 months and if I dont need to attend the first session I would rather not spend the $$$.

- R