Thread: “mousekeys”

“mousekeys”

Is anyone out there successfully using “mousekeys” (mouse clicks with keyboard) and Chief. The MS “mousekeys” have issues.

Can anyone recommend a “mousekey” alternative?

TIA,

Sam

Sam,
    I have been using " Kensington Mouseworks " programable mouse for about 3 years and I have almost all buttons programed for keyboard emulation. I can fly as I have always been a hunt and peck person on the keyboard and that slowed me down. I tried the microsoft mouse but it is limited in its ability to be programed.
    Bill
    Bill WJW Drafting

V-X3
    Windows 7
    Quad core Mac pro

I use a product called x-keys (www.x-keys.com). It's a small keyboard that can be macro programmed to do just about anything you like. I have mine set up for the things I do most in Chief, ie; N, S, E, W, Tab, d (for degrees), ' (for minutes), " (for seconds), Shift F6, 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", undo, redo, typ, c.c., 2001 CBC, different salutations, e-mail address, phone number, etc. This has made most of the work soooooo much easier. I strongly recommend.

George VanDusen
    Phoenix Construction

Originally posted by wjwbuilder
    Sam,
    I have been using " Kensington Mouseworks " programable mouse for about 3 years and I have almost all buttons programed for keyboard emulation. I can fly as I have always been a hunt and peck person on the keyboard and that slowed me down. I tried the microsoft mouse but it is limited in its ability to be programed.
    Bill
    I concur..the kensington mice and drivers are top notch...

Thanks for the replies. I will look into both.

Sam