Thread: Fireplaces

Foxcraft:

You can find some metal free standing fireplaces in the fixtures library under fireplaces. There is a see through (open on 2 sides, but I didn't see one that is open on 3 sides.

Hope this helps

Dan Marrin
    Lak shore, MN

Foxcraft:

I've seen some pretty impressive fireplaces built using soffits.

------------------
    Matt Kennedy

Fireplaces

I need to insert a three sided metal fireplace against an invisible wall. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? The only fireplaces I can find are masonry or fireplaces inserted into a wall.

Inset a slider window in a wall, size it to 36x24, top of window at 36", three times and you have a great 3 sided fireplace.
    This method is a great way to create fireplaces anytime, sash can be set to 8", select tile material and you have a quick, good looking tile surround without soffits.
    In Chief 97, I used to be able to then change the wall to a rail, cap with a soffit and have an easy gas fired gismo.
    Anyone not upgraded to Chief99, WOW, you need it. Wonderful new functions, and toolbars
    Mike Hall - San Diego
    i USED TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS IN A SOLID RAIL WALL AND CAP IT OFF WITH SOFFITS FOR THE GAS FIRED GISMOZ BUT THAT DOES NOT WORK IN 6.0.
    ANYONE WHO IS STUCK IN CHIEF 97 IS stuck. uPGRADE

Mike:

Great tip. And in v.6 you can pull the wall down same as with a shower, than cap w/a soffit.