Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

V10 Aerial View Window

Aerial view is GREAT. Is it available in CAD mode? Or, can't I find it. Shouldn't it be? Will it be included in a release 10 update?

aerial view works in CAD mode now(but not in a CAD detail)

You can use the aerial view in CAD mode but there is a minor problem where you can't turn it on while you are in CAD mode. Just turn it on in architectural mode and then switch to CAD mode. We will try to get a fix for this in an upcoming update.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Thanks Tim & Dermot

I have it working in CAD mode now. However, I stated my question wrong. I really want Aerial View in CAD (detail) mode. Is that coming?

At the risk of showing my ignorance, what is an ariel view?
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!

In Release 10 we now have an Aerial View (view of the whole sheet in another window). If you brought your plan into V10 then you will have to inport the "Aerial View layer" from the default plan supplied by CA. You can then change what you want displayed in the Aerial View. A two monitor system really works great with this feature. The Aerial View icon is located under the "Window" tab.

We had aerial view in 9.5.

This is in ver 9.x also
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I guess I should add that what is great about Aerial View is that you just drag a box over any portion in Aerial view and it zooms to it in plan view.

So, I'm missing something. How do I create this Arial view? I've searched for it in Chief help files, but not finding anything.
    Tim Schrock

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!

Aerial view is explained on page 621 in release V10 and 561 in release V9

add the icon toggle for it to a toolbar, here is what it looks like..

this tool has been in Chief for many versions, most just have not been aware of it... the added functionality in v10 is a big boost...the automatic zoom marquee a big one, another is the ability to move it out of the main window onto a second monitor
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 02-02-2008 at 06:21 AM.

Hey, thanks guys! that is cool--and I do like as Tim mentioned, that it can be moved onto a second monitor! Great stuff.

Two more questions now. The manual on p. 622 mentions an Aerial View layer set--I don't see one. Also, is the icon shown on p. 622 incorrect? In my book, it shows the Default Settings icon, and I don't see anything about layer sets in the default settings dbx.
    Tim Schrock

Tim, I didn't see an aerial layer set either because I changerd my default drawing to the one that I had been using in 9.5. bring up CA's V10 default drawing, save the layer sets. Then import the Aerial layer set into your default drawing and save it.

Thanks Yuma,

I had taken my template from 9.5 and made the appropriate changes to it for ver 10, then made that my new template. As such, I didn't have such a layerset. From your suggestion, though, I realized I was missing several layersets. All is well now. Thanks again.
    Tim Schrock