cross section details - with structural details

Hi,

How could I generated cross section views, to show details of the rafter/joists for sending it to the layout?

Also looking for a roof sections only. Not able to cut the sections view for roof only (top view) for layout purposes.

The fundamental question is: Is there a way to automatically generate all the view and sections that is needed by plan permit guidelines (views, sections, structural and etc).

thanks
    SM

[COLOR=darkblue]Seems to be the same question I'm asking ... One way is to use the View-2-Cad command, then send the detail of the whole section cut to the Layout Sheet you point to ... but the problem is, when you change things, they won't update like the plans will. You have to delete the detail, reset the View-2-Cad and resend to Layout. Gotta be a better way. - Alex [/COLOR]

check out the auto-detail feature. I have played with it but
    haven't been too impressed so far, but I may be doing something wrong.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Autodetail

Did play with the autodetail, but could not figure out what was going on. The users guide does not explain much about it either.

Wondering if the tutorial covers more details about it.

thx.
    SM

Cut your section. Use Auto Detail. Generate Cad detail from it, and then edit your Cad Detail... Send it to layout after completion.
    Larez

Autodetail - not much

Sure,

Did the autodetail on the cross and saw only the insluation details showing up and nothing else. Not sure what else was to show up.

Is there an example that shows what all the details will come out of this?

I am beginning to think that I am doing something wrong or perhaps this is all that shows up?

Perhpas, I am expecting too much.

thx.
    SM

You guys really need to look at your tutorial videos. #132 to 138 should do the trick.
    Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

To have things like insulation show up... you have to set the insulation in the room tabs (Insulation above/below). To show things like framing... You have to set it in your wall layers. For example... Concrete retaining walls, Use conctrete fill for the concrete wall layer... and set the stud walls to show as insulation... etc, etc..
    Larez