jpb is offline Registered User Promoted

Window process/symbols ?

So far my window process has been to find a window I'm going to use (let's say an Andersen casement unit with certain attributes) and then attempt to recreate that window within Chief. Andersen provides symbols for its windows at http://www.windowsymbols.com/

These symbols can be downloaded in DWG, DXF or WMF format. I downloaded one of these symbols and it came onto the grid as a 2D CAD object. (I hoped it would come in as a 'click-in' window object). Is there a way to convert these symbols into Chief window objects that I could use in lieu of Chief's default window?

I usually create a plan template with the characteristics of a particular brand of window and then just resize and shape the modified default windows to match the catalog. Sometimes I have to do the custom muntin thing but I don't mind; it's really cool.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Change the chief window to match the manufactures specs save it to your library with information about the window. Look at the components of the window. If you do this once you can save all the sizes you typically use. Then you can make different libraries for different manufactures. Then you never do it again.
    Last edited by louis; 03-06-2005 at 03:13 PM.

jpb is offline Registered User Promoted
    Good advice. Thank you. BTW, what are those symbols typically used for?

2d cad users