Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OK folks, were being dumb here. IF the frame width is set to 0 then there is nothing to see. Set frame to 1" width and take a look!
    There is still no incicator in plan view as there is when it is set to the interior but you do get it in 3D. I'll play a little more and see if there is anything else we're missing.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

I can get the frame to go out up to 8". If I set it to -9 or higher in changes to a positive setting and not necessarily the direct opposite of the negative settings. I can't get the sash to move out any though. Looks like the answer would be to use a deeper wall section with a pony wall to get the right look.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Gavin,

Apparently the setting that works for me is only available in Release 10. I never found a great solution in 9.54. Maybe greater and more experienced minds than mine have a solution for you. (big hint to the Big Guns!)

Wendy

Dennis and everyone else

At first I could not get this to work because my windows had default frame widths (all 3 ) set to 0"

But after upping these to any positive value ... and with louis' window type ... and placing all windows in a 6" stud wall with stucco

I also found that a .. -8" inset .. is the maximum limit for getting windows to protrude to exterior
    And again the found the same limit with a fixed glass , single pane window , with casings set to a 0" width

Also experimented with various frame depths and widths but came up against that same , -8" inset (protrude to exterior) , limit

Interesting to me though .... was that a single fixed window combined that setting of a .. -8 frame inset ... pretty well simulated a garden window with what appears to be about a 12-to 14" recess when viewed with a 3D camera from the interior !

Thanks to everyone for bringing this into the forum !
    grp

I don't believe that this works with 9.54.
    But it does work in V9.54. Almost every house I design in V9.54 has standard vinyl windows mounted to the house using a nailing fin. The effect is that the window sticks out from the wall. I use the frame width with a postive number and the frame inset with a negative number to simulate that. Click here. All the manufactured homes' windows stick out a little from the house.
    Last edited by mcqueenhomes; 03-06-2005 at 01:25 PM.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio