Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The fault that started this thread was with me , not the program.

As Wendy stated , the wording that pops up with that error needs to be changed a bit.
    Once Dermot and Wendy cleared my understanding of the function I was able to adjust my saving methods accordingly and hav gotten used to it now.

This is a wonderful product and I think that we benefit from a very dedicated support team who will go the extra mile.
    We have to realize the complexities of developing this program and be patient. Just go by past history- ART has always come through and gotten past releases running smoothly.

Bob Roraback
    Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

Originally posted by gpickren
    Apparently ART does not want to address the refusal to produce a bug list other than to imply we all need to be hassled into the point of frustration to induce us to submit a bug report.
    Dermot addressed this in detail in another thread. The bottom line is that the time between the confirmation of a bug and when it is fixed is not long enough to make a bug list useful.

I suspect there are a number of different things that cause the 999 message, it is just a catch all response that was provided in order to give us a chance to save our work. About any error anyplace could cause a 999 message. I think their time is best spent fixing the problems that we document and send in. Apparently they do too.

Originally posted by gpickren
    My 30 days is just about up. Is ART going to be cooperative or should I just send it back and wait until the program is ready for commercial use? If this great need is ignored, then I think we should all send the program back.
    Well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose.

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to do that. V10 will settle down. I can deal with it. V10 is a whole bunch more stable than V9 was when it was released, at least on my computer.

Fitch

I also have been very impressed by their support attitude. I guess that is why I am mystified regarding the reluctance to establish a buglist. I mean we already have one of sorts on this forum.. The problem is due to the nature of a forum the answers are scattered around so many of the same issues are revisited and there is no closure. I could be reading a thread regarding a condition that could already be fixed.

Glen

I'm prepared to be very patient about getting stuff fixed. I'm not going to send 10 back. For all it's crashes (2 more solobugs coming out from me from today - still roofs...), I'm still using it and want it's new features. I'd actually be pretty happy with the crudest of running lists for things they are fixing. Nothing elaborate, just a heads up on the trouble areas.

W

I agree with you on the heads up. If I knew there were some major problems on a particular kind of roof situation, for example, I might just start or even complete the job with 9.54. No harm, no foul. That is why I don't understand the reluctance.

As you say, it might be as simple as a few warning posting by ART giving a heads of of common problem areas. Ideally, we would be receiving the recommendations from people who really know the system as to what they would do if they had to meet face to face with a client and use Chief to do design work. The ability to do this in front of a client I find is one of Chief's greatest strengths but not if it crashes.

jpb is offline Registered User Promoted
    Originally posted by Dermot Dempsey
    If you are currently experiencing any problems with 999 error messages using the 10.01a update, please report them to us and we will try to correct these issues.

If you are experiencing any other problems with the program, please report these to us as well. Please don't assume that others have already done so. You would be surprized at how often we hear people say that they thought someone else had already reported a problem when we hear about it for the first time. Unfortunately, we can only fix the problems we know about.

We are committed to fixing any and all problems that people find in our programs.
    Dermot, that's great and I'm glad to read that. I would suggest, however, that you help-us-to-help-you by implementing a more dynamic error reporting process. In much the same way that Microsoft provides a 'Send an Error Report' prompt when some system issues occur, you guys could do the same thing.

In those cases, where Chief's error handler has caught an issue, instead of issuing a generic error message with an 'Ok' button--issue an alert message with a Send an Error Report button. Using criteria you set, Chief would cull both system and program level status-data which you could use to more quickly isolate/fix the problem. Since some problems are not easily reproducible, the state of the system at that moment would be critical in helping you to isolate the culprit.