CCC is offline Building Florida Since 74

ver. 70 New wall type in Profile.pl1

I have entered a new wall type of sheetrock over PT furring strips in my Profile.pl1 file. Of course the PT furring strip material I also added. Easily done. Saved the file.

Made new plan: that wall type is available.

Pulled up the tiny room addition plan that was drawn in ver. 70, to change a wall to the new "Sheetrock over PT Furring strips" and its not in the list. Rebooted even, and its not available.

Its no big deal to make it again, but, why?

------------------
    C

New wall types, new materials, or any other new defaults in your profile plan are only available to new plans. If you have an old plan and you wish to include new wall types or materials you can use the export and import options to get it there.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Chief Technical Officer
    ART, Inc.

CCC is offline Building Florida Since 74
    Dermont, thank you & the team at ART for continuing improvements that reflect in the material lists. I know ver. 8 will be better.

I built the "pt firring strips 16 OC" material by copying the 'fir 16 OC' under framing, then I renamed and changed the color to a delightful baby poop ocre.

I did the likewise for cementious board by copying a sheeting material. (4 x 8)

Next, I built a wall type "C tile 2/ cementious/firring 16 OC". Actually, the wall is built in reverse of the name so that the inside surface is ceramic tile 2 (8x8x1/4).

I tested the material list results with a box drawing that made a cubical room w/ 10' inside dim.

The count CA gives for ceramic tile is 888. I guess that it is going back to the main layer and then doing a material thickness thing, or the literal answer would be 900. This is obviously is w/o a waste factor.

Can I change the formulas? Can I change the dim.'s. Cementious tile backer board comes in 30 x 60, 36 x 60, & 1/4, & 1/2 thick.

It doesen't yet, give exactly what I need, but it has a count. If I ever see my counts being lower than the mat. list, I'll know for sure that I've made a large mistake. Even a big red flag is helpful.

------------------
    C