Threaded View

Thoughts on 10?? First day

Its slower, waiting for hour glass to go away each time I pic,move or think about moving wall, door winds.ext. loose about 8-10 sec. each time. Trying to figure out why they would change the symple things that were the most helpful, switching between 2-d3-d was easyer to see 2d3d emblem than finding another little sqare to click on. Any way to turn off anowing grey screen that shows up everytime you click on the drawing? Putting new pan button right below full screen view, maybe it can be moved,tried can't get it to bugh. It's enouwing ( when I clicked on door to change direction, deminsioning would all ways be in the way, Now no deminsioning, Tried to use temp. dem. tool to place door, and to draw walls for new addition,would not work, had to draw cad lines to place walls in right position. I know I ownly spent 10-12 hours in front of this yesterday and last night drawing a 56'v28' box with a 14'x16' bedroom on it out the back with two valleys, granted 2 1/2 hours on the CD tutorials and some time surfing this forum for some insight into this program and the rest working on a hour project at most. I set my gable end walls and gen. roof, just like 9.54, it don't like you putting addition with 8' ceiling on back of modular that has 7' side walls and all cathedral ceiligs. It wants to put a hip roof on the valley side of the addition and a creket from that roof to the house roof. Tried several times and it is consistant on what it wants to do. Had to change manually to show how it should be doing it. went into the new plan material list and it looks like Somebody tried to open a spreedsheet file into a word pross. program and all you get is computer jargen.
    It definantly needs cleaned up, go back to 9.54 and see how material dropdown list is. Bold "fouts" easy to read, pick catagory, metal,wood what ever go to it pick what you want, pretty simple.
    Very hard to read. I do like the rendering its alot better and faster. So done with my first Day, can't wait to start my second.
    I have always thought for 13 years that Chief has got great potincial and steal do, but there has been a many a drunk end up in the the gutter that one time in there live had great potincial. Furm beleaver in Murphies law" if it can go wrong it will", and if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    I hope "Art" is listening to all this and hope they did not creat a big pink Elephant
    Boy due I fill better, can't wait to get started.
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5