sptab is offline Registered User Promoted

ICF wall to meet rafters

Hello all,

I have created an ICF wall and have some difficulties to finish the transfer to the roof as you can see on the picture. The gable section looks OK.
    Any ideas?

Anders
    Attached Images Attached Images

Could it be that you need to raise the roof higher?
    Larry West
    Triad Estimating & Plan Service
    Tobaccoville, NC.
    v10.08
    vx-1

icf wall

we do a lot of ICF. spec a wall showing the three layers, inner & outer foam and middle concrete and set main layer to middle one. this should raise your base line.

It also looks like you may have your stucco siding selected as your main layer.

I too do a lot of ICF buildings here in Alaska, mostly foundations. I too create a wall with separate components of the ICF form.

If you go to the Users Gallery -'Lopez", you will see the building at the top. This will be the new Cold Climate Building Infrastructure Research & Testing Facility on the University of Alaka - Fairbanks Campus.
    That is the Geophysical Institute in the background.
    This building has 80% of the exterior walls using 'ARXX' ICF forms.
    I have other jobs that use 'Reward' or 'Insulfoam' products.
    If you contact the suppliers of these products, you can get dwg , dxf or pdf details

JimC is offline Registered User Promoted
    I have just recently started using Logix Icf and have drawn the plans for all 4. My walls are 11 3/4" I didn't bother showing the layers I just made it the full width. I think what i did was take a concrete block 1 wall and changed the width. Have had know problems. For details I took their cad drawings, deleted their roofs and copied mine in. What brand are you using and are you also building it.
    JimC
    V 9.54 (started with Chief 97)

sptab is offline Registered User Promoted
    The ICF I'm using is Rastra, a grid wall type of blocks. We are supposed to get started on this building if when the load limits are off the county roads
    I have specified the wall as stucco exterior, ICF block and plaster interior. Total thickness 12 1/2". In the wall spec setting I have the ICF layer set to "Build platform to this layer" - sounds like what you call main layer.

Anders

I build my wall as follows:
    78" Stucco I 2" foam I 6" Concrete I 2" foam I 1/2" GWB
    I set the 6" Concrete as the main layer.
    I use canted truss's on all my designs, so I do not have to trim any foam at the exterior, as in the case of a seat cut rafter.
    Some builders up here dbl plate to get clearance for seat cuts.

JimC is offline Registered User Promoted
    If your a builder your already aware of this just trying to help out if not don't mean to step on any toes
    The exterior building diminsions are based on the exterior of slab or stemwall. In my experience it's best not to show the siding layer and same with the drywall layer (the designer has already compensated for it to ensure that every thing fits after drywall). I change the ext wall surface to the siding of choice and put a color on the int wall surface this way it looks write in 3d. I also have a note on the plans that all dimensions are from block to frame w/ block @ 11 3/4", 2x4 walls @ 3 1/2" and 2x6 walls @ 5 1/2"
    JimC
    V 9.54 (started with Chief 97)

If you are referring to my post? I build by walls in Chief with all materials 'as designed' so that when I do any wall or cross sections, most of the detailing is already done.
    I too specify where the dumb end of the tape goes.
    I am a Building Designer by trade, but I have built many homes in the past 31 years.
    I will be 58 next week.