Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how do I add a single riser to a stair landing?

The stairs are working pretty good except that I would like to add a riser in the middle of the landing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

your landing is your intermidiate tred.
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

laiho is offline Registered User Promoted

Stepped landing options

Hi there!

I haven't done stairs design just yet. These might be what you are after. In the picture below are two options. Make 3 stair case sections, with the one on the landing a single tread. Click to between stair case to form the 2 landings. Remove the single tread stair case if not needed, and stretch the 2 landings to fit. You will need to manually raise the landing height (to that of the first landing plus the riser height) to compensate for the removed tread. Remove unwanted railing. The other alternative is to draw a polyline rectangle and convert to landing and add manually....

You may have to wait for the experts in this forum for a more sophisticated reply, seeing I am just learning the ropes.

LHS

You should not have to hack to create this. Checking the "Winders" box is supposed to add treads on the landing. I say supposed to because when I checked them and tried it it did not work. Bug?

I could not find widers button, best I could get is one step+another platform
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Chief will do a two step winder but the middle has a radius because it's a winder.

laiho is offline Registered User Promoted

The Winder solution....

Hi Louis

Thanks for the winder tip. I am trying to learn about landings and never thought of winders till now which will come handy later.

I found the winder checkbox under stair specification. However the winders failed to generate when I connected the stair sections together. What should be the correct way to make the winder treads reach the wall? On two attempts moving the straight stair sections closer together I get C++ violation blah blah and Chief shutting down with my 12 hour raytracing effort grrrr...

LHS

I had tried the winder settings when this thread opened and it did not produce the winders even though I checked the winder boxes and intentionally made the stair short so it would need the winders to reach the second floor.

It appears to me your 3D stairs are different than the floor plan. The angles drawn for the winders are the opposite way. The winders should "wind" around the return of the stairs like the stairs in a spiral staircase.

If the stairs did not generate for you it is a bug, because I had the same problem.

I tried the winder tool to but coul not get it to do any thing. Louis your floor plan shows ,can we see the 3-d?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Sure here it is.

Is this concedered a winder? is this a plat form againt a plat formstep? and how come it did not form it to the cornner at an angle?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

This is a winder with two steps, each of the squares are part of the winder. Chiefs winder tool extends the stair to the surrounding walls.

If I were doing this stair I would use two landings to produce it. I'm just showing that chief can produce a two step winder.
    Last edited by louis; 03-05-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Chief will do a single corner winder as well.

Thats what I been trying to do but can't ge a winder to be created. I put check mark for winder in the stair sections and get nothing. I have updated 10.01a, am I missing somthing here?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Here is a four step winder.