Thread: Stairwells

Stairwells

I just ran a set of stairs up from a basement to 1st floor, and created the well opening with stairs well opening child button,
    of course it created a railing as it should, however I need to enclose the opening with a regular interior walls (closed well), how do I do this, I'v tried a couple things, making railings invisible then drwing walls, NO GOOD, I tried deleting rails and drawing walls, NO GOOD, any suggestions appreciated.
    Also, I noticed in render view after creating "open below" I cant see the stairs from the 1st floor, yet I can see through the opening, layers are set correctly.

Doug

Stairwell

Hi Doug,

Since the automatic-stairwell tool created railings, the railings are considered as walls. Select the railing walls (on the three sides that you need regular walls) ...go through the Open Objects tool ...on the General tab of the Wall Specifications dialog, remove the check from "railing". Then, go to the Wall Types tab and use the drop down menu to select the wall type that you prefer. It works! The wall at the top of the stairs can be changed also. It can have a door, a railing with an opening, or be made to be invisible.

I hope this helps.

Brad D

Stairwell - more info

Hi again Doug,

I am sorry to not be clear. When you build the stairs from the basement, the wall condition that you are talking about is probably on the first floor. Go there to change the railings to walls. If you intend walls in the basement, create the walls before creating the stairs.

Again ...I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Brad D

Stairwell

Thanks Brad, all is resolved....

Doug