How???No calculate exiting , just new addition

How do you keep exiting walls and foundations drawn to not calculate in material list? do you have to do framing to calc. materials? I have checked no locate and no room def. but steal calc. part. I used calc.area material polyline and it did not calc. floor foundation with it.
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Not sure if this will work, but I keep trying to find ways to use the layer sets.

If it was me, I'd try placing walls that I didn't want to show up in the material list on their own layer, then unckeck material for that layer.

Fitch

How do you set them on there own layers?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

I have tried the polyline but it won't figure in foundation. and if I do all floors it figures walls, seams like twice. Been waiting 13 years for Art to do some thing better with material list. Don't know if i will be around by the time they do. Poly. seams to figure closer on material than all floors. any sugest.on getion foundation to figure?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

One way would be to copy the material polyline to the foundation and generate a list for each floor.

Bill

It works alot better that way, pretty acururate, dont't seam like it would take much for Art to fine tune this thing, if they would. Thanks alot guys. Is there a way to save material list with pricing on it and have it as a template or be able to up date it with out loosing pricing?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Shift select all the walls that you do not want the materilas to be included in and go to the materials tab and uncheck all the materials. Bob
    Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

Is that in wall spec, material, I can't fined where to uncheck?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Dave, Just highlight the wall and look for
    Robert Roraback
    Roraback Building & Design LLC
    729 West Road
    Salem CT 06420

Thanks Bob, I thought I had to open wall dialog. Maybe easier to fine tune this thing than what I thought. Is there a way to setup before you start drawing, exiting non material figured walls?
    David P.
    From Broderbund to x5

Re: How???No calculate exiting , just new addition

Originally posted by dparsley
    How do you keep exiting walls and foundations drawn to not calculate in material list? do you have to do framing to calc. materials? I have checked no locate and no room def. but steal calc. part. I used calc.area material polyline and it did not calc. floor foundation with it.
    [In version 10] you can place any object on any layer. For each layer you can specify that no objects on that layer go into the materials list (see the Mat column / Include In Materials List check box in Layer Display Options).
    Aaron Michalk
    Senior Software Engineer
    Chief Architect