Threaded View

GP and Tammy,

I'm not trying to make anyone upset here, just trying to offer that there is the option of making more.

My friend in DC actually works for several remodelers who have full-time staff in house, and turn $2-5 mil in remodeling per year. Many of them have sales, and design staff, but they are still in pain, or they wouldn't be using my friend's services. Yes, you are correct, it is the case that our own selves limits our ability to make money.

I was just trying to encourage Lew, and Tammy now as well, there is a reason that those contractors are wanting to use your services...they see a benefit to their companies. If they are benefiting (and they are), then so should you. I could very well be wrong, so I stick my neck out. It sounds that Tammy has a decent situation going if you're going to be on his payroll.

In my situation, as a subcontractor, the contractor doesn't have to pay for software/hardware upgrades, phone bills, meeting/driving time, sick leave, personal time, benefits, retirement, marketing, training (both on Chief and continuing ed), real-time collaboration tools, unemployment insurance, Payroll taxes, cell phone.

There is a way to make more whether you're a contractor or designer. I have both seen it and experienced it. But, not everyone wishes to do so.
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!