Threaded View

I am new to Chief but I have used junky cheap software in the past. I jusst received my new V10 box yesterday and when I finish firing it up and get into it, I will not import my old plans I made in 9.54. Why? Because I have become soproficient in Chief in just a few months that I can create what I had on the provious version in just a few hours. Also, by starting from scratch I can probably avoid import problems and compatibility problems.

Here is an interesting true storys: I took my rough plans with the wall for my addition up to my HVAC guy. I showed him the plans and asked for his opinions and more iomportanlty his needs, ie space for ductwork. The last person to come to him at that stage with a set of plans like mine was over 10 years ago and he installs 2-3 furnaces per week. It blew him away that I was able to ask him what he needed before I had locked him into something that made his life difficult. With a few clicks of a mouse I was able to build him the shases he needed to make his life better, and make my HVAC run better.

Then yesterday I went into a fireplace store to look into getting some fireplaces placed in my addition. I entered plans and computer in hand. After looking over the units I had the dude pull the rough in specs and I went to work. 15 clicks later I had installed two fireplaces in my plans that were pretty close to what he was offering. He had never seen 3D viewing of any plans and this fireplace shop has been around a long time. The whole store was gathered around my computer.

The power of 3D viewing is wonderful, but it is a tool that the old schoolers will have to get used to.