Threaded View

Originally posted by mcqueenhomes
    Don't pros charge $35-$45/hour? Maybe more?
    Jason,
    I would encourage you not to think in a per hour mindset. Business deals are made on a flat fee basis, that's just the way things work. If you are providing a service for a contractor, he is benefiting from your service--and so should you. If you work per hour, the faster you get, the less valuable you become.

While I'm here, I'll throw in my two cents, I've found that the rate received is based on how well the sales process takes place. If the salesman can help the potential client thru a self-discovery process that it would be most beneficial to use the salesman's (or saleswoman's) service, and most definitely heading in the wrong direction not to use the service (client thinks to self: I'd be stupid NOT to use this service), the value of the service goes up. HOWEVER, this is going to require some major behavioral changes in the salesman--cannot go at it trying to sell something. One of the major things that I have used (if I could pick only one) is to tell myself "I am financially independant--I don't need this job/client."
    Last edited by Tim Schrock; 02-22-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!